Food Services


Botelle Elementary School

School Meals at No Charge for all Students

Due to waivers from the USDA and the Connecticut Department of Education, Barkhamsted Elementary School will be able to provide one lunch daily at no cost to students. Free Meals are available for all children 18 & under and for those students 18 – 21 with special needs. Students who take second meals will be charged the usual meal price.

Questions related to Free Meals may be directed to Becky Tyrrell, Food Service Director at or 860-567-0863 ext. 1148.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

School Second Meal Prices


Second Breakfast - $1.85

Second Lunch - $3.00

Milk - $0.50

Parent Information

Welcome Letter

Parent FAQ — English | Spanish

Family Application — English | Spanish

SNAP Information — EnglishSpanish 

Husky Information — EnglishSpanish 

Nondiscrimination Statement: This explains what to do if you believe you have been treated unfairly.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights , 400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 (2) fax: (202) 690-7442 (3) email:

For more info, contact:

Becky Tyrrell

Director of Food Services

860-567-0863 x1148